Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Saying Good bye is hard!


My roommate is leaving...

Every time I go into the living room and see more packed boxes, I get bummed out. I hate that Emily is leaving. By far she has been the best roommate I have had. She is nice, clean, considerate and friendly. What else can any one ask for?

I have had some crazy roommates…
1. Horrible Cook (left meat in the garbage can for a good 3 weeks until it smelled... (Can’t describe any further, I am sure you got the picture)
2. Party animal (could the music be any louder)
3. Drama Queen(s) ~ they are so special the world revolves around them.
4. Psycho(s) - Literally, childhood issues I am sure.

The list can go on. I still haven't grasped the concept of why certain woman can never live with other women.

My only sane roommate is leaving and a new one is moving in.. The new one seems nice. Hopefully, she will not be any of the above.

The best thing about Emily is she is very friendly. Her character appeals to me. She is persistent, hardworking, simple, soft-spoken and compassionate. She is easy to be around. I like her because she makes things simple for herself and others. She does not hold high expectations towards others and looks for simple things to make her happy. I like people like her who don't over complicate their lives. It's easy to understand them and it's even easier to communicate with them.

Emily and I did a lot of fun things, walking around St. Paul, backing cookies, playing Wii, watching Friends, dying eggs, making jewelry, shopping, many other things; and of course the good old girl talk.

Without any regrets I wish Emily all the best in her education, family and career. She deserves it. With that in mind, I hope that the new roommate will bring in different experiences to my life.

No comments:

Mahi is Done with One

Where did the time go.  New different kind of memories due to covid19