Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First day at your first job

I remember the jitters. Will I survive this and will I make it in this world. An intern joined our company today and I can see the fear in her face. I am sure my brother who just started working is feeling the same way.

If one thing I learned in the last 5 years of working, yes it's been 5 years since I was a student! Can you believe it? I am no longer the junior kid, or the youngest in the group. Kind of miss that attention. But on the flip side I am not the naive any more. I can handle the dynamics of work life. I have some experience. I am not the most experienced, not the best in the lot, but I consider myself a good developer.

Any way back to what I learned in the past 5 years is that time flies fast. Hence, the place you are stuck in right now won't last forever. Work is very fulfilling as long as you have balance in life. I could tell this to my brother but it's a lesson one has to learn on their own. Their experiences will teach it to them, good or bad.

Back to the 5 year thing... omg can you believe it, it's been 5 years since I started working! And 10 years since I graduated from high school... yes I got my 10 year reunion party! Next thing I know there will be kids popping out of me, so help me GOD.

No comments:

Mahi is Done with One

Where did the time go.  New different kind of memories due to covid19