Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why are relationships so complicated?

Have you ever got an answer to this question- ' Why are relationships so complicated?

Why is there so much misunderstandings and mistrust between people. In my recent times I have seen relationships fall out. Siblings who were close for the last 50 years had a fallout. And everything they were for each other all these years has been undone on one situations. Are relationships this fragile? Are they as delicate as a flower petal that they blow away with one blow, with one miss-understanding!

In my short life I have also seen relationships build. Where there was no love lost between brothers, there was immanence love created in time. Life lessons have thought these brothers how to put aside their egos and help and be there for each other. I have seen husband and wife truly fall in love after 15 some years of marriage and many mistakes.

What worked in this case? Is it patience? Because i don't think anyone of these people were trying to be patient! Was it luck? Is there such a thing in life? Is it god's grace? Maybe.

One thing I saw is that... no matter what these brothers didn't leave in the relationship. I don't mean leave as physically leaving the building, I mean leaving the relationship because things got rough. I am not talking about abusive relationships here (either emotional or physical) I am talking about real relationships!

Another reason is Expectations! People change and with change brings new expectations. And with new expectations there is disappointments. And then there is unrealistic expectations.

Another reason is people live in dream world. They don't see people for who they really are. This is one of the mistakes I made. I put people in pedestal and expect nothing less but greatness. Even though they show their true self one in a while. I ignore it and make excuses for them. I think they will change, and keep going with my dream world. Until reality sets in, and the last straw is drawn and I see them for who they really are, less than perfect, Human! It is shocking for me to come to this realization. At the end it feels like I am the idiot for not seeing it coming.

So what can we do to make relationships work. Now that's a million dollar question. If know the answer I would be rich. I would save all broken marriages, and no parents will end up in old age homes because their kids will take care of them and there would be world peace.


No comments:

Mahi is Done with One

Where did the time go.  New different kind of memories due to covid19